I run an architectural practice with clients in High Wycombe, South London and Buckinghamshire and many years experience of the design and construction of a variety of building types.
Recent commissions have been in the residential sector, where we have provided a bespoke service to private clients. We have successfully gained planning consents and building regulations approvals, completed the detailed design and appointed specialist contractors. We work mostly on computers but also draw by hand, and concentrate on making a design appropriate to the context, the clients aspirations and the planning authorities requirements. We have also completed feasibility studies and planning applications for larger scale residential developments for private sector developers and have worked for public sector clients.
Projects often require expertise in specialist fields. We have gained skills in the following areas:
- Measured surveys and schedules of condition of buildings.
- Assessment of building defects and recommendations for remedial works.
- Natural and artificial lighting of buildings. Many of our projects have used innovative lighting techniques to good effect.
- Thermal performance of buildings. We can advise on energy efficiency and passive solar design. Solar Surveys
- The Party Wall Act 1996. Negotiations with adjoining owners and boundary conditions.
- Health and Safety in design and construction. We are able to advise on CDM Regulations 2007 and act as CDM Coordinator
- Selection and appointment of contractors and contract administration.
Projects often require the input of other consultants and we have worked with firms who advise on:
- Structures for new buildings or structural problems associated with existing buildings: Croft Structural Engineers Ltd; EA Consulting Ltd.
- Building costs throughout the project lifecycle.
- We have recently taken on interior design projects for clients of Hammonds and are pleased to be linked with these organisations.
Enjoy browsing through the projects. After an initial consultation on the project brief, we advise on the professional services required and provide a fee quotation.
Niall D. Thomas RIBA Architectural Practice with clients in South London & Buckinghamshire specialising in bespoke residential & commercial design, planning applications, building regulations approvals & contract administration.
Architect Hemel Hempstead – HP1, HP2, HP3
Architect Berhemstead – HP4
Architect Chesham – HP5
Architect Aversham – HP6, HP7
Architect Chalfont St Giles – HP8
Architect Beaconsfield – HP9
Architect High Wycombe – HP10, HP11, HP12, HP13, HP14, HP15
Architects South London
Architect South West London – SW2, SW4, SW8, SW9, SW11, SW12, SW13, SW14, SW16, SW17, SW18, SW19
Architect South East London – SE1, SE5, SE8, SE11, SE14, SE15, SE17, SE19, SE21, SE22, SE24
Architect Iver – SL0
Architect Slough – SL1 ,SL2, SL3
Architect Windsor – SL4
Architect Ascot – SL5
Architect Maidenhead – SL6
Architect Marlow – SL7
Architect Bourne End – SL8
Architect Gerrards Cross – SL9